Day 51, crazy SQL

At the beginning of the project, Larry wrote a 100+ line SQL query to deal with one of most complicated business logics. Now we can’t get it to work.

We first spent one hour debugging the SQL query.

Then we decided that the SQL query was too hard to maintain and we might as well take an alternative route. I spent my entire Sunday writing a similar query using smaller SQL queries and promises. Joe decided he was going to do something similar, so he spent an entire night writing the query using smaller queries and promises.

At 10pm, Joe’s program almost worked. However, we realized that the JS version of the code is not necessarily much cleaner than the SQL query…

Anyway, let’s wait for tomorrow.