– Solutions for recursiveContains for LinkedList is slightly surprising because contains() should be added to the node, not the list.
Backbone is a monster and we are leveling up in this monster fighting game. Afte spending half an hour with Victor the instructor, I begun to get it. In the mytunes App, click in DOM -> fn() in model, emits events -> events bubble through the collection of models -> App, the main model captures the event and dispatch it to some other model-view pairs. When Googling, someone mentioned about a center event dispatch system for Backbone. Should go check it out when I have time.
A model is the only thing that emits events about itself. Hence, we should only see:
NEVER this.***.trigger() NOR **.trigger()
Code isolation or modulation should be something we strive for.
– Put debugger inside callback()
– window.app = new app() // allow easy access in the console
– Should feel very comfortable calling non-existing functions, to finish the outline of the code
– Grep -r ‘query_string’ .
– Start from the view; only include the top level model / views in index.html
– For Models:
— do work to itself if necessary
— do NOT introduce global changes
– For Collections:
— Make sure the item you are trying to listen are actually part of the collection
– For Views
— listen to its models